Changi Transit Programme
Who is eligible?
- Passengers travelling on Singapore Airlines (SQ) and/or SilkAir (MI) ticketed and operated flights into and out of Singapore. For codeshare flights operated by Singapore Airlines (SQ) and/or SilkAir (MI), the 4-digit flight numbers must start with SQ or MI.
- Any connecting flight into or out of Singapore that is not operated by Singapore Airlines or SilkAir must be operated by Air New Zealand, specifically flight numbers SQ4281, SQ4282, NZ281 or NZ282 or Scoot, especially flight numbers TR596 or TR597.
- Passengers' e-ticket numbers must begin with 618, 629 or 086.
Passengers must be in transit in Changi Airport on both legs of their journey, which means Singapore is neither the point of origin nor the end destination. Transit passengers on a one-way journey or ticket are not eligible. For example, a passenger whose journey is:
(i) “London – Singapore – Sydney – Singapore - London” is eligible;
(ii) “London – Singapore – London” is not eligible;
(iii) A one-way journey “London – Singapore – Sydney only” is not eligible.
- Transit means a layover at Changi Airport of not more than 24 hours. This is calculated from the Scheduled Time of Arrival (STA) of the arriving flight into Changi Airport to the Scheduled Time of Departure (STD) of the connecting departure flight out of Changi Airport.
- Passengers who are in transit at Changi Airport for only one leg of the journey must originate and return to the same country by air via Changi Airport. Such passenger must present proof of travel by land or sea from/to Singapore and three (3) flight sectors via Changi Airport. For example, a passenger whose journey is:
(i) “Mumbai – Singapore, Kuala Lumpur – Singapore – Mumbai” AND Singapore – Kuala Lumpur is by land or sea AND proofs (e.g. booking confirmation, invoice and ticket) of land or sea transfers are presented, is eligible;
(ii) “Beijing – Singapore, Bangkok – Singapore –Shanghai” AND Singapore – Bangkok is by sea AND proofs (e.g. invoice and ticket) of land or sea transfers are presented, is eligible;
(iii) “Shanghai – Singapore – Perth, Singapore – Shanghai” in a single ticket BUT “Perth – Singapore” is by other airlines, is not eligible;
Passengers must be above 2 years old at the point of ticket issuance and have their own seat, which means that their seat is not shared with their parent or guardian.
Passengers whose transit (through Singapore) itinerary was issued over two or more separate e-tickets must present all e-tickets to the counter staff. We will not be able to process the collection without all the necessary documents proofs.
Collection Terms & Conditions
- Passengers can only collect the transit reward once, on either leg of their return journey, regardless if it was issued over two or more separate e-tickets.
E.g. A passenger who has separate e-tickets issued for his trip “London – Singapore – Sydney - Singapore - London” can collect the transit reward either upon his arrival in Singapore from London OR upon his arrival in Singapore back from Sydney.
- Point of origin refers to the country of the departing flight on participating airlines before you arrive at Singapore for your entire trip.
- Passengers can only collect the transit reward for their current trip only. Retrospective collection for past trips or advance collection for future trips will not be entertained.
- The campaign runs from now till 31 March 2019 and collection of the transit rewards must be done before 31 March 2019.
- The transit rewards will expire by 30 April 2019, and request to extend or replace the transit rewards will not be entertained.
- The transit rewards may not be used with ongoing in-store promotions.
- The transit rewards may be used in conjunction with Singapore Airlines/SilkAir Boarding Pass Privileges.
- For transit passengers arriving into Changi Airport between 1 October 2018 and 31 March 2019 (both dates inclusive):
- You will receive a transit reward worth S$20 from all points of origin of your entire return trip.
- You will receive two transit rewards worth S$20 each, one of which is applicable for Liquor, Perfumes or Cosmetics purchases only, if the point of origin of your entire return trip is from China (Mainland).
- Our staff reserves the right to reject the collection for reasons including, but not restricted to, insufficient supporting documents.
- Changi Airport Group reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.