Important notice: Fast Bag is changing from 1 February 2020.
How it works
- Check-in on the Air NZ mobile app, online, at a kiosk, counter or lounge
- Make sure you clearly attach your Air New Zealand Elite, Gold, Elite Partner or Koru bag tag to your bag. You'll find these included in your Airpoints™ membership pack
- Simply drop your bag off at the Fast Bag trolley as you board your aircraft, and when you arrive at your destination your bag will be waiting for you in the Fast Bag collection area as you exit the aircraft
When can you use Fast Bag?
Fast Bag is a regional travel benefit exclusively available to our Airpoints Elite, Gold, Elite Partner and Koru members only.
You can use Fast Bag for up to two bags on regional flights (flight numbers NZ5000-NZ5999 and NZ8000-NZ8999)
You can only use Fast Bag if:
- Your ticket includes checked-in baggage
- Your bag weighs less than 15kg and is not oversized (such as bikes or golf bags)
- Your bag does not contain any restricted items, like lithium batteries
- Your flight has no stopovers or connections
Fast Bag is simple and effective and we're making one change to improve on the efficiency of this exclusive regional travel benefit.
From 1 February 2020 a new limit of one Fast Bag at 15kg will apply, instead of two bags. The weight of the Fast Bag remains the same. If you're travelling with more bags, or a bag weighing more than 15kg (and no more than 23kg), please check these in normally. Any oversized, overweight, fragile, sporting items, carseats/strollers still need to be checked in within the terminal before boarding.